Job Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Division: Strategic Realty Management Inc.
Reports To: Vice President Accounting
Effective Date: February 25, 2023
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Must record any and all time worked, whether approved or not. All time worked must be reported in the week it is worked.
Summary: Processes and maintains accounts payable for multiple entities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned:
1. Posts invoices to the accounts payable system for payment, including recurring invoices. As necessary, provides supporting documentation detailing variances from the budgets.
2. Prints and prepares accounts payable checks after approval from Vice President of Accounting or the Financial Manager. Prepares checks for mailing including tracking the allocation of postage expense. Keys any manual checks into the accounting software as necessary.
3. Produce and file necessary 1099s, 1098s and other year-end reports to the Internal Revenue Service in a timely manner, as directed by the Director of Corporate Accounting.
4. Completes vendor set up in the Accounting Software after approval by Vice President of Accounting and answers vendor inquiries or other payment inquiries, including payment research.
5. Sort, file and maintain prepared checks with appropriate supporting documents in filing system allowing easy access to invoices/checks.
6. Researches and compiles all accounts payable data/back-up for the year-end audits and tax returns as requested by the auditor(s).
7. Assists in the maintenance of all bank account activity, including ordering of deposit slips, checks, and endorsement stamps.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Strong Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Judgment - Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process;
Professionalism - Approach in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on all commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Four-year college or university degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred, but not required. Two years related experience and/or training is recommended.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, group leaders within the company, and members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.