The Act WorkKeys NCRC is an example of a career readiness credential that ties people, business, and communities together by helping the local workforce to have the right skills for the right job. It is a county-wide collaboration of the cities, businesses, local school districts, workforce agencies, chambers of commerce and the Western Arkansas Planning and Development District.
According to ACT, participating counties, regions and states help:
- Business and industry know exactly what foundational skills they need for a productive workforce – and to easily communicate their needs.
- Individuals understand what skills are required by employers – and how to prepare themselves for success.
- Policy makers consistently measure the skills gap in a timely manner at the national, state, and local levels.
- Educators close the skills gap, via tools integrated into career pathways with stackable industry-recognized credentials.
- Economic developers use an on-demand reporting tool to market the quality of their workforce.